Friday, February 25, 2011

Cranberry Salsa Recipe

I haven't shared many recipes but I'm so excited about this one I had to spread the joy.

I am blessed to be a part of an amazing group of women who meet every Thursday evening for dinner, Bible study, and accountability. Between the 20 of us, there are some amazing dishes brought each week. A few weeks back (at our super fun baked potato bar), my friend Bethany laid out an amazing spread of chips and cranberry salsa. I was apprehensive at first but after one bite I was pretty much glued to that spot on the table, guarding my newly discovered, ruby treasure.

I found a similar recipe online and made a batch of the salsa for a small Super Bowel party we had the next weekend. I was not able to find fresh or frozen cranberries and attempted the deliciousness with a canned version. Though it was still delicious, it was a bit too sweet (the canned fruit has a fructose additive). I can't wait to make it again with fresh or frozen berries and really party with my taste buds...

Last Thursday night Bethany gave me a super cute recipe card with her version of the cranberry salsa.

Enjoy:

Bethany's Cranberry Salsa

1 bag of cranberries
2/3 c. sugar
1 1/2 limes for juice
1 bunch of green onions
1 bunch of cilantro
2 jalapeƱos (more or less depending on how much spice your craving- seeds optional as well)

In food processor, blend cranberries and place them into a mixing bowl. Add sugar, lime juice, and chopped green onions to cranberry puree. Place cilantro and jalapeƱos in food processor and chop. Add mixture to cranberry mix and stir well. Allow to chill in fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.

-Here is an added bonus-

Before placing the salsa in the fridge, poke holes into the top of a block of cream cheese and pour the salsa over the top. Place this into the fridge for a couple of hours to allow the salsa to seep into the cheese. Serve with Ritz crackers and tortilla chips.

Thanks Bethany for the amazing recipe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment