Second step was to re-vamp our old computer desk (which I bought at Goodwill years ago):
Tim bought a 7ft piece of plywood which we used to extend the desk top to fill the closet.
Then came the sanding, priming, and painting.
After getting the painted desk and desktop into the closet, we added some side shelving for additional storage...
As a finishing touch, we ran a piece of molding across the front of the desk so that the plywood addition wasn't so obvious. It worked out perfectly!
I LOVE IT!!!
The total cost of our closet re-model was about $100 dollars. So much more cost effective than trying to find and fix up a large hutch or looking into custom shelving options for our room. I am thrilled with how it all turned out and so thankful I married a man who can turn my ideas into reality. He even re-wired the electrical socket in the room so that we can plug-in the computer and printer from the inside of the closet!
The final step is to find fun curtains to hang over the front. I'm seeing an Ikea trip in the near future...
The most exciting part of the project is now that we have moved the office and craft supplies out of the soon-to-be nursery, we can really get going on prepping for the baby! Pink paint samples, here I come!!